June 19, 2014

Fans & Flowers Card

I made this card for Marianne's Design Diva's flowers challenge.

I started with a card base I made a while back when I die cut the largert of Petra's Large Ovals (LR0240) from one side of a piece of cardstock.  I kept the card thinking I'd make a window card from it, but the die cut's quite large and the thinnest sections bent, so I needed something that could stabilize the card.

I saw the flowers challenge and knew I wanted to use this 'scrap'.  I die cut several fan bases, and one top, inking the top with a bit of white pigment ink (LR0168).  So you could see the different pieces better, I inked the edges of the fans with a dark purple ink.

I cut and embossed two sizes of flowers (LR0169 & LR0168) inking the embossed parts with purple, plus some leaves (Tiny Swirl L3).  I also inked the card base with some teal, to give it some colour.

I glued the fan pieces together and then to the base.  For a bit more contrast I cut a piece of cardstock that matched the leaves to layer under the upper fan piece and glued those together.  I carefully glued the fans to the card base, making sure it supported the thin edges at the top and bottom.

I glued down the leaves - adding some more support - and the flowers, with a generous dollop of purple glitter glue in the centers.



Blankina said...

What a pretty floral card !! The flowers realy pop out, the fan die is so pretty too.So glad to see you join our Marianne Design Diva's challenge.
Hope to see more of your work soon.
We have a followers candy too, hope you will join.

HUgs Blankina

Ursula Alice Stegmann said...

A very beautiful card.
Thank you for your participation in the MD Divas Challenge.
Best regards, Ulla DT

Patricia Johns said...

Beautiful! I love the pop-out flowers. My favorite so far!