September 11, 2014

Happy Skating Card

One of my sister-in-laws did some figure skating in her youth, so I looked around to find a nice digital stamp and stumbled on Lil Lolita Sookie Skates by Tickled Pink (via C.C. Designs)

I started out by printing the image on white cardstock and colouring it in using markers.  I used the Spellbinders Devine Eloquence as a template and cut around the edge, then used a blue marker to edge the cut.  I cut a frame using the Devine Eloquence die out of a light blue paper to back the image, and used a marker to darken the two side panels.

I die cut the skate (Marianne Designs) and used a silver gel pen for the heel and blades.  When mounting the image on blue cardstock I thought the card was missing something and so added two pieces of silver glitter ribbon behind the elements.


1 comment:

Patricia Johns said...

I love the skates! Really cute!